Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Insight not working

Hi,

I'm creating a report from SQL and import (not direct query) and tried to publish it in Power BI Service.

But somehow in my datasets there is no Quick Insight icon and I can't create QnA for my datasets.

Is there something wrong? I create some applied steps in edit query PBI Desktop, is it matter?

When tried to get quick insight I got this message.

Activity IDcd8625d1-22c1-4b7b-9622-a093f22684df
Request ID7b782bd0-4031-4427-bceb-f19aa45021a5
Correlation IDc10602c4-5ca4-1315-cd6f-17985c22c6b3
TimeMon Feb 05 2018 16:05:10 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)
Version13.0.4164.188

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As role level security is not supported by Quick Insights right now, I'm afraid there is no workaround to achieve that.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Some datasets can't generate insights because the data isn't statistically significant. To learn more, please see: Optimize your data for Power BI Quick Insights

Also, if you create Roles in desktop, please try to remove them and re-publish dataset to service to check whether it works.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks for answering! And it works, so data insight can't be used if we create the role?

Is there any way for doing this? because I need to secure the data also

Hi @Anonymous,

As role level security is not supported by Quick Insights right now, I'm afraid there is no workaround to achieve that.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hi Yuliana Gu,

it would be important for me as well to use RLS and Quick Insight as well, because this would be the normal way of working in a big company (security and also felxibility). Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

THX,

BR,

Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors