Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GarryPope
Advocate I
Advocate I

Questions about Endorse Content

Hello Power BI Community,

I hope you can help please. I have a couple of questions about "Endorse your content". I watched this excellent YouTube video from BI Consulting Pro which explains a lot, but I still have further questions please.

1. If I endorse content, say an App or Dataset as either "Promoted" or "Certified" and I haven't enabled "Dataset discoverability" what does it actually do? Is it simply that it labels the content as either "Promoted" or "Certified" and nothing more?
  2. What I'm concerned about is if I label content as either "Promoted" or "Certified" people who are not supposed to see it, such as users not in the Workspace, can access it. 
  3. Lastly, if I label content as either "Promoted" or "Certified" does it send any notifications to the users that have access to the content? Example, if I shared an App with a group will it send them an email to say it's been "Promoted" or "Certified"?

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Garry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1. There will be additional iconography next to the dataset (ie extra labels).  The dataset will appear higher up in the result list.

2. That is unrelated - Endorsement has no impact on access

3. No

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GarryPope
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you so much @lbendlin and @v-rongtiep-msft. You answered my questions exactly.

All the best, 

Garry

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GarryPope ,

1. I agree with @lbendlin 'opinion.
  2. If dataset discoverability is enabled for you, you can mark your dataset as discoverable. When a dataset is marked as discoverable, users who don't have access to it will still be able to find it in the datasets hub.
  3. It would not send send e-mail to the users who have access to the content.11.PNG

Please refer to the following document for more information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-hub

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1. There will be additional iconography next to the dataset (ie extra labels).  The dataset will appear higher up in the result list.

2. That is unrelated - Endorsement has no impact on access

3. No

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors