Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Question related to Power BI Service governance

Hi All,

We have around 3000 users for the Power BI. 

How can we restrict someone from publishing it to Service ?

How can we streamline the process so that end users can publish the contents to specific workspace ?

How can we adminster the data model published by end user?

How can we check the space occupied by dataset published by end users and develpers ?

Is there any restriction on the space in the cloud or files size of pbix (I assume its 1 GB ?) ?

Is there any place wherein i can check the space occupied in the cloud by each dataset  ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Akash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

1. How can we restrict someone from publishing it to Service ?

In Power BI desktop, we can't restrict a use to publish report to his own workspace Power BI service. If the use is not a member of app workspace, he would not publish his report to the app workspace.

2. How can we streamline the process so that end users can publish the contents to specific workspace ?

There is no such a  streamline the process, you can create an idea here, product team will consider it if more people needs the feature. In addition, you can post this issue to Power BI developer community to consult if there is any solution.

3. How can we adminster the data model published by end user?

Actually, I am confusing about your question. The data model is created by end user own, how do you plan to administer the model?

4. How can we check the space occupied by dataset published by end users and develpers ? Is there any place wherein i can check the space occupied in the cloud by each dataset  ?

When you click "Manage your data storage" under settings, you can see the details of dataset and it's size as follows. More details, please review this blog.

1.PNG

5. Is there any restriction on the space in the cloud or files size of pbix (I assume its 1 GB ?) ?

Free and Pro users have a maximum 10 GB data storage. Currently, pbix file size limit is 1GB. More details, please review this article.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

If my reply is useful, could you please mark it as answer, so that we can close the case and more people will learn things clearly from here.

Thanks,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

1. How can we restrict someone from publishing it to Service ?

In Power BI desktop, we can't restrict a use to publish report to his own workspace Power BI service. If the use is not a member of app workspace, he would not publish his report to the app workspace.

2. How can we streamline the process so that end users can publish the contents to specific workspace ?

There is no such a  streamline the process, you can create an idea here, product team will consider it if more people needs the feature. In addition, you can post this issue to Power BI developer community to consult if there is any solution.

3. How can we adminster the data model published by end user?

Actually, I am confusing about your question. The data model is created by end user own, how do you plan to administer the model?

4. How can we check the space occupied by dataset published by end users and develpers ? Is there any place wherein i can check the space occupied in the cloud by each dataset  ?

When you click "Manage your data storage" under settings, you can see the details of dataset and it's size as follows. More details, please review this blog.

1.PNG

5. Is there any restriction on the space in the cloud or files size of pbix (I assume its 1 GB ?) ?

Free and Pro users have a maximum 10 GB data storage. Currently, pbix file size limit is 1GB. More details, please review this article.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you so much for reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors