Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBI-ELM
Helper I
Helper I

Question about Power BI license

Hi,

I have a Power BI user which has a pro license.  

What will happen if I share a report/dashboard with him that is residing in a PPU workspace?  The premium feature I am using i a rapid refresh rate as we are monitoring near real time data.  In another context there may be a push dataset.

- Will it work but just with a different refresh rate?

- WIll it deny them access as they have a pro license.

- Will it try to suggest that they start the 60 day free trial?

If someone with a pro license (in a large corporate environment) starts a 60 day trial will it have any negative impact on anything?  Is starting a 60 day trial on an account with a Pro license (in a large corporate environment) something that I should avoid?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PowerBI-ELM 

When you share from a PPU workspace, other users need a PPU licence to view content shared with them. If they have a Pro licence they will be offered a 60 day PPU trial (this is the default, but the Power BI administrator can turn this option off). 

I don't think starting a 60 day PPU trial (if you're able to) will have a negative impact on anything.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PowerBI-ELM 

When you share from a PPU workspace, other users need a PPU licence to view content shared with them. If they have a Pro licence they will be offered a 60 day PPU trial (this is the default, but the Power BI administrator can turn this option off). 

I don't think starting a 60 day PPU trial (if you're able to) will have a negative impact on anything.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors