Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jamesmathew
Helper I
Helper I

Query regarding Schedule Refresh

Hello Community,

I am trying to understand how the schedule refresh works.

For example, I have 7 data sets in a workspace which are scheduled at the same time i.e., 8 AM everday. Does Power BI refreshes all datasets in parallel or do refresh one after the other.

Is it good practice to schdule refresh all datsets at same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Jamesmathew 

May i know the data source you are using?

If it is different data source, then you can able to refresh the datasets on the same time.

If the data source is same, better to maintain differnt time slots to schedule a refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

BR

venal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jamesmathew ,

Have you purchased premium capacity?Are these datesets in premium?If all the datesets are in shared capacity,they are refreshed in queue,even when you set all the datesets to refresh at the same time,they wont start refreshing until the previous refresh is done.

But if you hope all the datasets refresh in parellel,you can purchase premium capacity.See below:

Annotation 2020-05-04 130828.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Jamesmathew 

May i know the data source you are using?

If it is different data source, then you can able to refresh the datasets on the same time.

If the data source is same, better to maintain differnt time slots to schedule a refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

BR

venal.

@venal  Thanks for the replay,

I am using SQL Server as data source, as you suggested I should use different timeslots to reduce the load on the source system.

Thanks,

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors