Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access

My data refreshes have been working smoothly but have been giving various issues since the weekend. The desktop refresh works fine.  I also suddenly can't see options for credentials or for the Gateway that is in place. I have been having service issues since Saturday morning when first the custom connectors failed for 24 hours, then started working again, this morning the Gateway wasn't being seen by the service then briefly came back and now I can't do any refreshes at all. I suspect its something to do with the Nov release?

I receive the following message:

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:

• Data source for Query1

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Get the latest feedback:

This issue has been deployed and validated.

PROD - 11.4 QFE –12/10 and 12/11 - Sat with US clusters- Sunday.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78
Reetej
Advocate I
Advocate I

I changed the dataset connection to ODBC and fixed this error with a workaround. Configured the ODBC on my server with access to the data source.

We have the same issue with Denodo, but switching feels like a workaround.

Thanks for this @Reetej its working after switching from Maria DB connector to ODBC

What do you mean by Switching ?

daniel_st
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi all, 
I'm facing the very same issue. Has this issue been addressed with Microsoft?

KirillS
Frequent Visitor

Same problem, when it be fixed?

Reetej
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am also facing the same issue. I am using Mariadb as backend database and gateway connection. 

powerapps_tec
Advocate I
Advocate I

I published two different PBIX files to the PBI Service and found that this error happens in one of the reports that contains Python script. The other report has only SQL Server data sources and does not lead to this error.

Is this error specific to certain data sources? Does anyone else have a similar situation? 

Thanks.

powerapps_tec_0-1670000779023.png

svc-analytics
Regular Visitor

svcanalytics_0-1669979408167.png

We are also facing the same issue, if you want find any solution please do let us know.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kletzy ,

According to your error, I found the refresh error event in ICM with the same error, ID is 349687256, if there is progress I will back.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

@v-mengzhu-msft do you have an update here please? This seems to be a major issue for many users and we can't do any service refreshes.

I use this thread to drop quick feedback/criticism. If there is an issue and Microsoft is aware of it, this should be visible on the support page. There is just no point in having a central support site if we have to search the forums anyway

Generic_name_0-1670247266825.png

I have a similar issue. Strange thing is that as long as I do not publish the file again through PB desktop, it works fine and it refreshes. But as soon as I publish, it does not recognize my data source/gateway anymore and can not refresh anymore. I was still using the July PB desktop. So I thought it might be an issue with my desktop version. I have upgraded, but this did not do anything. As soon as you publish, the refresh does not work anymore. I even downloaded the PBIX file from the service again, did not change anything, and just published it with a new name. This new file will not refresh anymore, while the "old"one will still work.

Observation : My data has a refresh schedule. Which I can not see anymore or change. But the Power BI service still recognizes this and tries to refresh based on the schedule. Seems something to be something in the Power Bi service that does not work with Custom connectors/gateways.

Thank you for your reply - do you have an update on this for me please?

powerapps_tec
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same issue, is this related to the recent release? Will this be addressed soon?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors