Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adham
Helper III
Helper III

Query contains unknown function name: Python.Execute

Hello All,

I have got a Power BI file which i am trying to upload to the Power Service and schedule refreshes. I get my data from Asana using the PowerBI Asana (Beta) connector. I then run some Python scripts using the data imported from Asana as (#dataset) to clean and manipulate the data (I dont not upload data using python).

However, i get this error when i try to refresh or schedule the dataset in PowerBI service.

cc.PNG

I downloaded the personal gateway as scheduling datasets with Python scripts is supported on it. The personal gateway is up and running fine but i think i need to allow python somehow on powerbi service.

I tried to upload the file and schedule refreshes without the python script and it worked well, which means that the python scripts are the issue. Is it something in the permissions maybe as show in the image below? I would appreciate some help.

ll.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Adham 

The error message says 'the following data soureces currently don't support schedual refresh'. I wonder what difference the python scripts have made to the data from Asana, which make it unsupported to schedual refresh. Please check if there is something wrong with the python scripts.

Best Regards

Allan.

Hello @v-alq-msft 

unfortunately i do not know if there is anything wrong with the python scripts, that is why i am asking to see if anyone can help me solve this issue

@v-alq-msfti realised what the problem is. I am using the Asana connector to get the data which doesnt give me the option to use my personal gateway, only the enterprise gateway. Since the python scripts only work on the personal gateways it means that i can not use python scripts to clean my data which is very annoying.

Is there a way around this? Why cant i use the personal gateway if i am using the Asana connector??

HeliosOne
Frequent Visitor

Hello All!

I have the same error since yesterday in my new PBI Service report. I`m using Python script to get data from external API via POST request and ETL after that.

Error details:

Query contains unknown function name: Python.Execute Unknown function name: Python.Execute is a valid Mashup library function name format. Hence fail the operation.

My previous reports that use Pyton to ETL over existing dataset work well...

Please make a note here if you find a solution. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors