Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

weslegal

Query Filter

Have I a report that uses direct query.  One of the filters on the data is "month is in    "this month""   

When the month changes the reports do not change to new month of data.  When on Power Bi Desktop the month changes as expected.  If I republish the report the new month changes.

Does "this month" get sent as constant when report is pubished, or what else is causing this behavior?

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You would need to make sure that which ever column you have for "month is in "this month"" is getting updated for the changes to happen.

You could use a relative Date Slicer on the date column which could also work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

this is data that gets changed daily with todays date.  They is definetely data for the next month wich should be the current month but is not until I republish.  I could use a slicer but that would cause alot more data to get retrieved every time the report is run.

Hi,

Would you please check the scheduled cache refresh interval ?  I suggest you clear the browser cache and try again.

refresh-schedule5.png

Any changes to the underlying data will not be immediately reflected in any existing visuals. It is still necessary to Refresh, whereupon the necessary queries will be resent for each visual, and the visual updated as necessary.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

It is not a cache problem  All of the other data in the report changes as expected, Just not the Current Month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors