Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Qirect Query Totals do not match

Hi all.

We published couple of reports using direct query from SAP BW. And I do not know why but we get couple of differencies in what we see on the desktop and what in PowerBI service (same report, same visuals).

Firstly, different Totals, can you advise why they're different in desktop and service ?DQ Totals.png

Secondly, on the desktop there is only one value and one company code and in service it displays same value for all company codes.... Do not get it , does anyone know where this all comes from ? Thanks

DQ values.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answers but appeared that issue fixed itself, possibly was a bug 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answers but appeared that issue fixed itself, possibly was a bug 🙂

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have some options to think about.  On the first, with the different totals.  Are these both refreshed at the same time? Is it that you are looking at it in Desktop and then immediately publishing it and then looking at the data differences?  Are you using RLS?  It appears that you have both of these at the same level of drill down in the matrix but is there any difference between the two?  Do you have any filters turned on with either of these?  

The second question - different company codes.  I would refer you initially to all the questions above.  And then, this appears to be different in level of drill down and/or in your linking.  If it is linking, then that might also be the answer to the first question.  This makes me wonder if these two versions are not at all in sync.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @collinq , but yes, the data is the most up to date both in desktop and in service (data is quite static), no RLS used, no filters, both ways it is expanded to the lowest hierarchy level. 

In regards to 2nd part - originally there is only 1 company code (A010) since others have no values. In the desktop I do not enable "Show when there is no data" but once publishing to service it not only displays all company codes with no data but for some reason takes the same value from the A010. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Indeed it is weired, however DQ connection mode has some limitations(By the way the images you shared indicates that your desktop is in a Live connection mode), Please check out my Table of comparison if your report falls into one of theses limitations 

aj1973_0-1618498663188.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors