Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Q&A synonyms and questions available in Power BI Desktop but not in the Service !

Hi all,

I am testing some Q&A feature and something odd happened.

In Power BI Desktop I created some synonyms and questions and everything works fine : I can see the suggested questions and the synonyms when I add a Q&A visual in the report.

After uploading the .PBIX in the service, I cannot use the questions nor the synonyms in the report in the Service.

If I download the .PBIX and re-open it in Power BI Desktop, magically the questions and synonyms reappear and are usable.

The .PBIX is in import mode, one single table for a 10mb file, but I have attached a smaller version (< 100kb). Here is a link to the Power BI Desktop file.

Q&A questions and synonyms appear in PBI Desktop but not in the Service. Why's that? Has anyone experienced the same issue?

It seems that the q&a metadata is stored in the .PBIX but isn't shown in the Service.

Is their some specific q&a setting to configure in the Service?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Have a good day,

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jingzhang

Thank you for your time!

To be clear, my goal is not to have Q&A in french; I just added some terms to test the suggested questions feature.

I added some suggested questions in English and even those ones won't appear once the .PBIX is uploaded in the service.

What needs to be done so that English questions/synonyms are displayed in the service? Do I need to change some language settings somewhere?

Adding English questions/terms should work, right?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Best

Thomas

@Anonymous 

To my knowledge, there is no such settings in the service.

I remove the additional language terms in your report and publish it to the service, but it still doesn't show the suggested questions in the service. However, my report shows the customized suggested questions well in the service. Seems weird. Which Desktop version are you using? Mine is Version: 2.90.1081.0 64-bit (February 2021). Maybe you need to update the application to the latest one and test these features in a new pbix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jingzhangthanks for your quick answer

My Version : 2.90.1081.0 64-bit (février 2021)
I'll try to uninstall/install but I don't think it will solve the problem.

And are there any settings maybe in Power BI Desktop to review? For example language of the model?

Best,

Thomas

You may try changing the Regional Settings in File > Options and settings > Options. Not sure whether this will have an influence.

033001.jpg

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think it is caused by the limited supported languages for Q&A feature as Q&A is only available for English language currently. Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

031701.jpg

When I test Q&A synonyms and suggest questions features with only English and publish this report into Service, it works fine as in the Desktop. However, when I include other language terms in suggest questions, these questions don't show in the Service. Some synonyms terms can be understood, but if I ask a question totally in that language, it will show "We didn't understand your question."

Since your report seems to include French in Q&A terms and questions, it will not work in Service perfectly now. You can vote for an idea on this at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors