Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mihalykavasi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Q&A not working in the service

Hi, 

I am working on a report where we want to use the new Q&A visual. Q&A works fine in desktop but after I upload it into the service I cannot ask any question apart from a bare measure.

It seems like if the linguistic schema or some other metadata is not uploaded or corrupted during upload, so any question that requires using the model relationships does not work. The suggested question does not contain anything that would require more than 1 table unlike in the desktop. It works the same with the Q&A in the Dashboard so it is not the new visuals issue.

Hope anyone was able to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Mihaly

Q&A in Service 2Q&A in Service 2

Q&A in ServiceQ&A in Service

Q&A in DesktopQ&A in Desktop

Q&A in Service Suggested questionsQ&A in Service Suggested questions

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.

I am working on a report where we are using the Q&A. The Q&A works fine when tested on the desktop file but after I publish it into the service I cannot ask any question apart from a bare measure. The suggested questions only reference a specific report page depending on the question. Any suggested question that points out to a report page is not working and cannot have that page shown when the question is asked.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mihalykavasi ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the post are stating that it is fixed but yet people keep on having the issue.  What can be done on my end?

mihalykavasi
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found out that asking the question in a different way is still working jsut seems like the "BY" is not recoqnised anymore which is strange. You have to say "AND".Q&A in service - workingQ&A in service - working

@mihalykavasi 

I have tested on my end and it is working fine.

Power BI Q&A(by).JPG

Hoping that because of "BY" only it is not worked.

Hi @mihalykavasi ,

I have tested on my side, and it works fine.

Please try it again. If the issue is still there, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors