Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adeelnazir
Helper I
Helper I

Q&A is not working with push dataset

Hi Expert,

I'm trying to apply Q&A on the push dataset using Power BI Rest API on Embedded App.

But Q&A is not able to apply a filter on the dataset column, not sure why.

Question: Total Case where Case_type is Deaths

adeelnazir_0-1615445160023.png

The same dataset question is working fine on the Desktop. Q&A is able to filter the dataset.

adeelnazir_1-1615445198596.png

Please help me to figure out the issue. Is it any limitation by Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adeelnazir ,

There are two modes for embedding Q&A within your application: interactive and result only. Interactive mode allows you to type in questions and have them displayed within the visual. If you have a saved question, or a set question you want to display, you can use the result only mode by populating the question in your embed config.

For more information, please kindly refer to

Q&A in Power BI embedded analytics

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adeelnazir ,

There are two modes for embedding Q&A within your application: interactive and result only. Interactive mode allows you to type in questions and have them displayed within the visual. If you have a saved question, or a set question you want to display, you can use the result only mode by populating the question in your embed config.

For more information, please kindly refer to

Q&A in Power BI embedded analytics

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

damiano
Frequent Visitor

Hello @adeelnazir 

I think we have the same issue.

The problem seems to be related to "synonymous" inside Power BI Desktop, they stay in Power BI Desktop only without uploading to service.

Literally 1 month ago it was working perfectly with a Pro License.

Please fix this problem asap, we have a lot of costumer that use it!

Power BI DesktopPower BI DesktopPower BI ServicePower BI Service

I don't have such an issue. THE same PBIX desktop file is working fine on service as well.

My question is regarding the push dataset. We are fetching rows from CSV/excel then push rows into power bi new dataset. Then based on that dataset we do Q&A on the embedded app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors