Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RoyceLithgo
Helper I
Helper I

Q&A is not available for any of the datasets used on this dashboard

I am receiving this message when attempting to enable Q&A on my Dashboard. This was working previously when the dataset was linked to a sharepoint file. I since changed the setup to use OData instead. So my datatet now consists of 2 sources, 1 sharepoint CSV file and an OData query. Everything works fine in Power BI desktop. But when I publish it to Power BI Service, Q&A won't enable.

I didn't setup any RLS or Direct Query in the file (which was what I read about on this forum for this issue).

I am contemplating re-creating the .pbix file from scratch to eliminate the chance that there's some corruption caused by the changes I made to it. Might even drop and recreate the workspace as well. But obviously would prefer not to have to waste considerable time doing this if there's some other reason (eg. OData not support Q&A on Power BI Service??)

As I'm still on Power BI Pro trial I can't get any service from Microsoft so hope someone here can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyceLithgo
Helper I
Helper I

I can answer this myself. After creating a new dashboard, you need to pin at least one visualisation from a report of your dataset to the dashboard. After that, the Q&A box automatically appears on the dashboard and you can use it to create additional visualisations for the dashboard (and you can delete the original pinned report visualisation to continue using Q&A to add additional visualisations to your dashboard).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyceLithgo
Helper I
Helper I

I can answer this myself. After creating a new dashboard, you need to pin at least one visualisation from a report of your dataset to the dashboard. After that, the Q&A box automatically appears on the dashboard and you can use it to create additional visualisations for the dashboard (and you can delete the original pinned report visualisation to continue using Q&A to add additional visualisations to your dashboard).

This didn't work for me.  I have four tiles pinned and I still get the not available error

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors