Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Q&A Explorer from April2018 update not working on PBI Service

I am following the video from this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Nb73Od_AI

I tested a lot, but it only works on PBI Desktop. After published, it does not work the action button to get Q&A. 

Version13.0.4829.217
Time Fri Apr 06 2018 13:26:09 GMT-0300 (Brazil official time)
Server Brasil South (Estado de São Paulo)

13 REPLIES 13
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Seems fine in my test. Did you try other browsers?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not work on chrome, firefox nor edge.
activity id 7571f6d2-75f6-43ae-805c-6b3a5292f0eb.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, You might try to use a sample dataset to see if there is something wrong with your data. If you create a new report from the Power BI service and use the sample data sets that are already provided the Q&A should work from these sample datasets.

Does this not work either?

Anonymous
Not applicable

no, I started from PBI Desktop as all of my projects, and as instructed in the video from April´s update.

Q&E Explorer works fine on PBI Desktop, but once it is published, it just does not work. But it works on the video from the update.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2018-feature-summary/#Q&AExplorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, I understand the issue is from the PBI Desktop with the new visual. I however, would like to walk some steps to determine if the issue with your specific dataset that isn't allowing the Q&A to work.

You might try a different data set.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont get it why you insist on a different dataset. The feature works on PBI Desktop! I am doing exactly as shown in the video. I think the problem is on the Brazilian server.

@Anonymous I have this issue too and in my case the Q&A Explorer won't launch in the browser because I have Roles defined in my PBIX file.  When I remove the Roles the Q&A Explorer will launch in the browser.  Note sure if this is the same scenario you are facing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roles? do you mean RLS?

No I mean Roles.  Even if you have no RLS (i.e. table filter) defined but a single role, the Q&A Explorer doesn't show in the browser in my case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok. I got it. Role is what I create to make RLS work. If I create a role, but does not link any email account to it in PBI Service, then I don´t have RLS, but I have a role and my Q&A does not work. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  I am using Power BI desktop, data is connected on prem.  I am the report creator, not IT, so I do not have access to many things.  The "Ask a Button" is grayed out for me.  After creating the Q&A button, the Ctrl right click does nothing.  We do not use any dashboards.  Why is it grayed out and not working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

still not working. anyone, help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

You might start here to see if you have everything working correctly.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-qna-in-reports

Also, does your QA work on your dashboards? I would check here first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors