Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Otsh3p3ng
Frequent Visitor

Python visuals not displaying on Published Link

I have added Python visuals on PowerBI Desktop and they are working as they should and they are alos working on the report service. But they are not working on the Published link. It currently doesn't show what the error is and when you select "Learn More" it redirects me to a help page for R scripting. I checked my other reports that use R scripting and they are working just fine. Any ideas why? 

6 REPLIES 6
zquazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was facing the same issue try to follow the below steps
step 1: Install the on-premises data gateway if it is already there Update the Gateway with the latest version 
Power BI Gateway | Microsoft Power BI <-- Link for Gateway.
Step 2: Once installed or updated turn the gateway status in online mode.
Step 3: Log in with your credentials.
Step 4: Publish the same report on the service again.
If this works mark this as a solution.
Thank you

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Otsh3p3ng 

You may have a look at limitations for publish to web.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft , I have the same problem. 

I had create a Python Visual inside my PowerBI report and everything works fine using Power BI Desktop. But after publishing on web the report, the visual is no longer available. So people whom I'd shared the link cannot see the python visual. 

I was wondering if the Python/R Visuals limitation is a temporary issue (and Power BI Team is already working on it), or otherways It wouldn't be possibile to visualizze a Python/R visual on the Web published version of the report. 

Can you give me a certain response? I couldn't find anything clear about this issue jet. 

Thanks, 

J. 

@Anonymous 

please refer the link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @venal. But the link didn't solve the issue. 

I've completed every step considering every contrain and limit of power bi. But the result is always the same: 'Web Publishing does not support Python visuals'.

Please refer the link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors