Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WESTi
Helper I
Helper I

Python script source error- ADO.net failed to load

My python script source won't refresh in the service as I get the below error when trying to configure the credentials for the gateway. Any ideas on how to fix this error?

Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.

Activity ID:f521323a-dae9-4a6c-8cde-9fc0e5fdcc96
Request ID:5e1f3796-9df8-0469-77c3-4077f1138e2c
Status code:400
Time:Mon May 25 2020 23:34:44 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.13322.215
Client version:2005.2.01092-train
Cluster URI:https://wabi-australia-east-a-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Friend, I returned the Gateway version to 3000.37.35. And it worked again. Success

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
salmon
Employee
Employee

can not solve with gateway version 3000.37.35.

My problem is "A problem occurred while processing your Python script."

.@salmon I am running the March version (3000.31.3). Could you please share more details, the error you have may not be related to an ADO.net fail.

The situation is that I can run with python on my local machine in powerbi desktop normally, but when I publish it and attempt to schedule the refresh, I get an error concerning invalid credentials (Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.). The other data sources connect fine through the personal gateway. When I click on 'Edit Credentials' for Python, I get the following specifics:Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. Here are the technical details: Access is denied

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

salmon_0-1593308148958.png

Thanks a lot!

@salmonThe gateway looks good. In my implementation this is what I use:
For the gateway

mykbitz_0-1593454790834.png

For authentication, I edited the privacy level settings to:

mykbitz_1-1593454846841.png

Hope that helps.

My gateway version is 3000.37.35 as discussed above. Would you please share the gateway version of 3000.31.3, maybe I could have a try, thanks!

@salmonhere you go (March 2020 update (3000.31.3) ) . Thanks!

Thanks, but this version still not work for me.

@salmon  could you give more details? on the server all libraries are installed and the script runs on the python ide?

Yes, I can run with python on my local machine in powerbi desktop normally, but when I publish it and attempt to schedule the refresh, I get an error concerning invalid credentials (Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.). The other data sources connect fine through the personal gateway. When I click on 'Edit Credentials' for Python, I get the following specifics:Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. Here are the technical details: Access is denied

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

salmon_0-1593307737228.png

Really need the help!! Thanks a lot!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WESTi,

It seems like .net frame environment issue on your device, perhaps you can use the official tool to fix your software environment(device who installed the gateway client) and try again.

Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is available 

BTW, any specific python libraries are you used in your script? Current power bi service only supports the general packages that listed on official document site:
Create visuals by using R packages in the Power BI service 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I tried the repair tool but it didn't resolve my issue.

I am happy to share the entire python script:

import requests
import pandas as pd
from pandas.io.json import json_normalize

request = requests.get('https://corona-api.com/countries')
j = request.json()
df = json_normalize(j['data'])
print(df)

As this is for a python data source (not for a python visual), I thought I could use any library as long as the machine (with the gateway) has it installed.

I will see if I can figure out how to reinstall .NET and see if that helps. Let me know if you have any other ideas 🙂

@WESTi 

I tried to connect the source (https://corona-api.com/countries) using a web connector, but it is returning an error. So, can you try with some other source and test it in python?

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

@nandukrishnavs 

I tried a different API call and it too didn't work. It is working in Power BI desktop but I still get the error when I try to setup the data set refresh in the service.

Friend, I returned the Gateway version to 3000.37.35. And it worked again. Success

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Could you share that with me as well? cbradmill@gmail.com

@jonathanmlima87thanks for the solution. This resolved a similar challenge I had!

Hey I am having the same problem, can I know how you returned to an earlier version of the gateway?

@rigelng1995 I had a download from the April gateway.

Hey do you mind sharing that with me? It seems that Microsoft does not allow you to download any previous version?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors