Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

salmon
Employee
Employee

Python personal gateway credentials, A problem occurred while processing your Python script.

I was trying to schedule the refresh of power bi report, but got an error concerning invalid credentials 
(Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.). 

The power bi report can run normallu on my pbi desktop. The other data sources connect fine through the personal gateway. When I click on 'Edit Credentials' for Python, I get the following specifics:

Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. Here are the technical details: Access is denied.

credential.jpgMicrosoftTeams-image.png

7 REPLIES 7
tqloc

I was trying to refresh of power bi report, but got an error concerning invalid credentials
(Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.).
The power bi report can run normally on BI. The other data sources connect fine through the personal gateway. When I click on 'Edit Credentials' for Python, I get the following specifics:
Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. Here are the technical details: Access is denied.

Please give me some support!!!!

tqloc_1-1660228042631.png

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @salmon ,

1. Please refer the following trouble shooting:

Error: The credentials provided for the dataset are invalid. Please update the credentials through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue.

If you get a credentials message, it could mean:

The usernames and passwords that you used to sign in to data sources aren't up to date. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

This error is a known issue, and it's being looked at. To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source. Then, use a merge or append query to combine them.

Please refer this article: Troubleshooting Power BI gateway (personal mode)

2. Or from the Data Source Settings dialog, select the data source(s) and then select Edit Permissions... and ensure that the Privacy Level is set to Public.

P1.jpg

3. Please update the gateway to the latest version, and install the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) on the same machine as Python directory.

4. If it doesn't meet your requirement, We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any other way I can contact to the technical support, I am an emploee of Microsoft, but not a pro user to create the ticket.

Hi @salmon ,

You can try to clear the browser cache, or change another browser. Please refer this sollution: 

Data Source Credentials Not Updating

Maybe you can refer this blog, hope it will be helpful:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/python-visualizations-in-power-bi-service/

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, I found this sentence in the blog

salmon_0-1593569031135.png

Does the machine hosting my personal gateway means the ones that my personal gateway install? I think I have installed so that the pbi desktop can run normally.

Hi @salmon ,

Yes, Python packages are installed on the machine that you use now, and the personal gateway need to be installed on the same machine. And you need to log in to Power BI Service on the same machine.

Your python script can run normally in your local machine. So we suggest you can uninstall the Personal gateway and re-install.

If it doesn't meet your requirement, we cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution.
We suggest you to open a ticket here for help and let the engineer check this issue from your perspective : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for reply, but I have all my dataset privacy level to be public, I think the problem may be from the processing python script? while I can run normally in my local machine.

salmon_0-1593484353203.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors