Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thabrich
Frequent Visitor

Python Visuals In Power BI Service Dashboard

Hello,

I got an issue with python visuals in Power BI Service Dashboards.

I created a python visual in BI Desktop which works well. Also, when uploading it to a report in power BI service, the visual is still visibile. However, after appending it to a dashboard the visual does not load correctly anymore. I only see a box with the bi logo instead of my visual.

Are there any known issues with the python visual in power Bi dashboards?

Is there a limit to loading times for python visuals?

Can I optimize the python code to make it work in a dashboard?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @thabrich  ,

After my test, I can display the Python visual object in the dashboard, whether there is a problem in which step of your operation.

Or you can delete sensitive data from your pbix file and publish it, I use your pbix file to see if it can be displayed.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is what a python visual from your example looks like when I pin it to a dashboardThis is what a python visual from your example looks like when I pin it to a dashboard

I simply used the example provided by microsoft and pinned it to a dashboard. That's what the result on my dashboard is. There is no need to share my own file, since the it happens with the demo already.

Thanks,

Thilo

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @thabrich ,

There are some limits for python visual in Power BI service. Please refer to:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/python-visualizations-in-power-bi-service/
https://www.ahaapps.com/microsoft-power-bi-service-with-python-visualizations/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-python-visuals

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yangliu-msft,

thanks for replying to my question. I checked the constrains and they are not the issue.

However, I downloaded your samples for testing from github and I'm facing the same issue.

With your own visual, also after the attachment of the python visual to the dashboard, the visual does not show on the dashboard.

Have you ever experienced something similar?

Thanks,

Thilo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors