Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Push dataset with binning and relative time filtering

Hi Folks, I am trying to create a graph of Transaction Count per 15min time interval for the last 6 hours of transactions. The intention is that this graph will be on a dashboard to make use of the push dataset auto updating feature

I am trying to run this on a Push Dataset table that includes the following fields

• Transaction ID (string)
  • Created Date (datetime)
  • Amount (decimal)

Graphing [Created Date] vs COUNT([Transaction ID] gets me some of the way there but have two issues

1. How do I bucket my dates into 15min intervals. The binning feature does not seem to work for push datasets.
  2. How do a do a relative time filter. The filters built in can only filter by whole days, not hours.

This seems like it would be a standard graph for push (and streaming) datasets so I am hoping there is just some feature I am not seeing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure about the first one but the second one is now release as preview in last weeks:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2020-feature-summary/#_Relative_time...

Please update your power bi desktop to work with that.

Before that update what you could have used was filtering your result by "CALCULATE ( [Measure], Table[DateColumna] > NOW() - 0,0104)"

That will take last 15 minutes for example.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure about the first one but the second one is now release as preview in last weeks:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2020-feature-summary/#_Relative_time...

Please update your power bi desktop to work with that.

Before that update what you could have used was filtering your result by "CALCULATE ( [Measure], Table[DateColumna] > NOW() - 0,0104)"

That will take last 15 minutes for example.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was fortutious that they released the relative time filter in the most recent update. Thanks for pointing it out that makes it a lot easier. The alternative way to do it seems considerably less flexiable

As for the first point I believe I can aggregate it into 15min slots at the source and add a new 'Date Created 15min timeslice' field. It is not very flexiable but can be workable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors