Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

antonior

Push dataset auto refresh report

I have a push dataset with data coming from Stream analytic, and based in this dataset I have created a report.

Is it any way to autorefresh this report?

For me the option to create a dashboard is not an option because the dashboad doesn't allow to customize visual(like overlaping, etc).

It is really sorprising for me to not have that option, because I underestand with the push dataset, the data is in powerBi, so why not an option to autorefresh the report?

Maybe is an option and I don't know which it is.

Can someone help to me please?

Thanks so much,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @antonior 

It is unsupported to auto refresh report with a push dataset in PowerBI currently. The types of real-time datasets are designed to display in dashboard tiles. I'd like to suggest you post an new idea in Idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI for making this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @antonior 

It is unsupported to auto refresh report with a push dataset in PowerBI currently. The types of real-time datasets are designed to display in dashboard tiles. I'd like to suggest you post an new idea in Idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI for making this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amancenido

@antonioras mentioned here, for a Push Dataset:

Once a report is created using the push dataset, any of its visuals can be pinned to a dashboard. On that dashboard, visuals update in real-time whenever the data is updated. Within the service, the dashboard is triggering a tile refresh every time new data is received. There are two considerations to note about pinned tiles from a push dataset:

• Pinning an entire report using the pin live page option will not result in the data automatically being updated.

Solution is to create a dashboard and pin the visuals you need.

Thanks for your message.
unfortunately create a dashboard is not an option for me.
Dashboards has a lot of limitation(size, no overlapping, no conditional formatting, etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors