Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Push App only gets pushed to non-Pro users who have already signed into the Power BI service?

My organization is rolling out Power BI. The first app was published to our P1 Premium node and pushed to all 1500+ users (only 50 with a Pro license), most of whom had never visited powerbi.com. The app was also embedded in a SharePoint Online page. 

The problem is that when users went to the SharePoint page, the app failed with a permissions error. To resolve, we had to have users click a link to the app in the service where they then had to click through the first-time-user experience. Then and only then would the embedded SharePoint report work. 

Is there a way (PowerShell?) to make the SharePoint version work without having new users first sign into PowerBI.com?

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

My organization is rolling out Power BI. The first app was published to our P1 Premium node and pushed to all 1500+ users (only 50 with a Pro license), most of whom had never visited powerbi.com. The app was also embedded in a SharePoint Online page. 

The problem is that when users went to the SharePoint page, the app failed with a permissions error. To resolve, we had to have users click a link to the app in the service where they then had to click through the first-time-user experience. Then and only then would the embedded SharePoint report work. 

Is there a way (PowerShell?) to make the SharePoint version work without having new users first sign into PowerBI.com?

By my research, I'm afraid that the user should have new users first sign into PowerBI.com to check if they have the power bi account.

For your requirement, you could only use PowerShell to login Power BI with cmd. 

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors