Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdupland
Frequent Visitor

Purchase to Power BI Pro Problem

Hi,

I would like to upgrade mis Power BI licence to Pro.

I read the documentation : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/documentation/powerbi-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro/

I show this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxpr7kcNZhU

But I can't connect to the portal.office.com with this 2 following mail :

• AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com
  • AB@XXX.com

What is happening if I reset password from AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com ?

Will I receive confirmation/code on AB@XXX.com ?

Best Regards,

Cyril

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cdupland,

When you sign in Power BI or office 365, you can select "Forgot my password" as follows.

1.PNG

If you still can't reset it, you can connect your administrator to reset a know even he forgot the old one.

Admin Portal isn't the portal.office.com, please review this article for more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cdupland,

Have your bought the pro license successfully? Please use AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com account to sign in Power BI service and check if you can sign and enter the Admin portal?

2.PNG

And there is no relationship between AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com and AB@XXX.com, when you reset password of AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com, you can't receive confirmation/code in your AB@XXX.com.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks for this informations.

I dont' use the AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com account to sign in Power BI service but this : AB@XXX.com

I try the Power BI Pro 60 days with this account.

How can I reset password of the AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com ?

We do no use it and our administrator don't remember it.

The Admin Portal you say is the portal.office.com ?

Thanks,

Cyril

Hi @cdupland,

When you sign in Power BI or office 365, you can select "Forgot my password" as follows.

1.PNG

If you still can't reset it, you can connect your administrator to reset a know even he forgot the old one.

Admin Portal isn't the portal.office.com, please review this article for more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I reset my personal AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com account and log in on Power BI service.

On the Administrator Portal, I see I can buy Power BI Premium but not Pro licence.

I tried to go on the Office365 portal but I am not the administrator and can't active Pro licence.

So I tried to reset the main account but an error message said that the password resetting is not available on this account.

On Azure I would like to reset the administrator account password with the Azure Active Directory resource, but it seems needed an Azure AD Premium. What is this exactly ?

Is that the good way to do ?

Thanks

Cyril

@v-huizhn-msft,

I forgot to inform you that our AB@XXX.onmicrosoft.com is attach to our Azure Cloud Service.

We would like to attach it with a Power BI Pro licence.

Best Regards,

Cyril

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors