Reply
Regular Visitor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎01-25-2018
Accepted Solution

Publishing to online service not working

[ Edited ]

I have problems overwriting existing reports. The new data can be shown but any changes to the report such as a new Page does not show up. The only way I can have changes is to remove the dataset and load the pbix-file from online by reading it from my local harddrive. Yesterday I tried from my home computer and I had no problems.

 

I have uninstalled Desktop and started over, the same result as before. When I tried to build a report from scratch I got the message that my report succeded to be published but I can not even see the Dataset on-line. I tried to publish again and I get the message that my Dataset is there. I can even Search for insights but it does never reach any result.

 

All this used to work for me but I have had this problem for months. --edit-- Removed films after I solved the issue.

 

 


Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎01-25-2018

Re: Publishing to online service not working

[ Edited ]

The solution was to refresh my log in in Power BI Desktop. I switched account and logged in as myself again. Now all my publishing works seamlessly.

 

I think that the cause of my problems was that I tried 30 days free Pro. When that had ran its course Microsoft servers saw that I was not pro anymore but I never logged out of Power BI Desktop. So somehow my publishing went all bad until I switched account and logged in again.

View solution in original post


All Replies
Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎01-25-2018

Re: Publishing to online service not working

[ Edited ]

The solution was to refresh my log in in Power BI Desktop. I switched account and logged in as myself again. Now all my publishing works seamlessly.

 

I think that the cause of my problems was that I tried 30 days free Pro. When that had ran its course Microsoft servers saw that I was not pro anymore but I never logged out of Power BI Desktop. So somehow my publishing went all bad until I switched account and logged in again.