Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publishing to Service changes content size

In Desktop, the visuals are aligned and the content fits within the visuals without scroll bars. 

DesktopDesktop

Once published to Service, the visuals overlap eachother and scroll bars appear since content no longer fits in the visuals. 

ServiceService

The page size is 1700 x 900 in both service and desktop. The view is Fit to Page in both as well.

Any ideas why this is happening? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have seen this happening because the Power BI Service dynamically resizes the pages. This could be why the scroll bar is showing. I would suggest making the blue bars at the bottom smaller to allow for enough space?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ,

Thanks for responding. I tried resizing the visuals and the page, but neither worked. 

I think it may have something to do with the browser and crashing. The cefSharp.browserSubprocess seems to have a processing power leak whith this report. It crashed several times. I typically use chrome which is where the distortion is happening. When I opened it in IE, it was fine.  I wonder if the crashing was affecting the final appearance in Chrome.  

Hi there

Are you using a standard visual or a custom visual? I wonder if that would affect the cefSharp.browserSubprocess (which is an IE Browser process running in Power BI Desktop)

I have found that sometimes it is a challenge to fit tables in, because they are quite difficult to resize. You could try and resize the column headers to make sure that it fits in?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors