Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KRONOS
Frequent Visitor

Publishing reports with gateway

My problem is the following, I have 200 reports in power bi desktop with a data source and I need to publish using a gateway  on premise in the production environment that has a data source different from my reports and can not be changed. My question is, do I have to change the data source of my reports one by one to match the data source of the gatewat on premise or do you know another way to do this?

Why change one by one the data source of the 200 Reports is a job that takes time, if there is a way to do this I would appreciate it a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KRONOS,

Based on my understanding, you already have a data source created under on-premise data gateway, but it's different from the data source used in those 200 reports, right?

In your scenario, you can create a new data source which use the same connection information under data gateway again. See: Add a data source. After publish the report to Power BI service, go to dataset settings, configure the data gateway to use this data gateway.

Best Regards,

QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for you atention, but i can't create a new data source, I should use the one that is configured by client policies..  I'm investigating power bi api rest

http://docs.powerbi.apiary.io/#reference/datasets/update-all-connection-strings

to update the dataset but the code does not work for me, I do not know how to perform the post method

Hi @KRONOS,

Is it possible that you can let data gateway administrator create a new data source? If it can be done, everything should be easy.

Regarding using Power BI rest API, it's a developer section, you can refer to Eric_Zhang post in your other thread: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Rest-API-Update-All-Connections/m-p/242288

If you have any other question regarding Power BI Rest API, you can post a question in Developer forum.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors