Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RCC
Regular Visitor

Publishing report with anyone using Pro version

Hi All,

I have recently purchased power bi pro, in the hope that I will be able to use it to share my work.

What is the best way to share a report so users (without power bi, and power bi pro) can view the report, and select filters and use slicers?

Publishing it to the web looks like the best option, but can you do this without a premium licence?

Is there a way of sharing in an interactive format with Pro, or do I need premium.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RCC If you use Publish to Web, you will expose the report to anyone on the internet. It is not secure, but it is free for end users.

If you want to share your reports securely, the users that are consuming the reports need to either have a Pro license themselves. Or you need to provide them one via Azure Active Directory (B2B). Or you need to purchase a premium license. Embedded skus would require you to embed the reports in an external application. A P sku would allow you to share with anyone, but is the most expensive by far.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RCC If you use Publish to Web, you will expose the report to anyone on the internet. It is not secure, but it is free for end users.

If you want to share your reports securely, the users that are consuming the reports need to either have a Pro license themselves. Or you need to provide them one via Azure Active Directory (B2B). Or you need to purchase a premium license. Embedded skus would require you to embed the reports in an external application. A P sku would allow you to share with anyone, but is the most expensive by far.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors