Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Diego_HM

Publishing multiple .pbix files at the same time (bulk/batch upload)

I read about the Power BI REST API to upload multiple .pbix at the same time to the PBI Service.

Anyway, due to my lack of scripting knowledge in C# or .NET I cannot develop this solution.

Is there any external tool or any way to allows developers to publish several reports in one single upload?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Gallen.

For those who might have the same question, I found the solution here:

"You can do this via a script against the REST API, we have a simple powershell sample here that you can modify to upload your reports:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/APISamples/powershell

"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Diego_HM ,

I think you need to use a script to reach the goal of bulk uploading .pbix files, refer to the link below:

Solved: After I upload the pbix file to report server, whe... - Microsoft Power BI Community
Upload Multiple Files on Power Bi Report Server - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Gallen.

For those who might have the same question, I found the solution here:

"You can do this via a script against the REST API, we have a simple powershell sample here that you can modify to upload your reports:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/APISamples/powershell

"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors