Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publishing dashboard with play axis

Hello everyone!

Im using play axis dynamic slicer on a dashboard that will be published on the site of a big compagny and i wonder if it is possible and if there is any licence agreement restrictions to publish it!

can i use it in my dashboard and publish the vizualisation to the public?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, if you are publishing the visual within a report, I do not believe that is the intention of the restriction. Otherwise, it would be a pretty useless to download and use the visualization in anything. I believe the intention behind the restrictions cited if you read in context of the other bullet points is that they do not want you reverse engineering or changing the visualization and then publishing it out as your own independent work. In other words claiming that you wrote the visualization. By publishing the visualization within a report, you are not making the visualization available for others to copy, it is a fair use of the visualization. Trust me, there are a ton of visualizations used in reports published to the web that use custom visuals under this license.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you are referring to this:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380981

The legal agreement for it is here:

https://pinpointprod.blob.core.windows.net/marketing/Partner_21474847108/Product_42949680938/Asset_f...

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but looks like you can use it in the manner you describe. I do not see any restrictions around how you use it.

1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use one copy of the Visualization for use with a
product or service that supports the Power BI visual interface.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply
Im more curious about the third point

3. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Visualization is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights
to use the Visualization. Visualization developer reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you
more rights despite this limitation, you may use the Visualization only as expressly permitted in this
agreement. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the Visualization;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Visualization, except and only to the extent that
applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
• make more copies of the Visualization than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law,
despite this limitation; or
• publish or otherwise make the Visualization available for others to copy.

What do you think? Even though it Will not be a layers comment
And if i contact the publisher would it solve the problem?

Well, if you are publishing the visual within a report, I do not believe that is the intention of the restriction. Otherwise, it would be a pretty useless to download and use the visualization in anything. I believe the intention behind the restrictions cited if you read in context of the other bullet points is that they do not want you reverse engineering or changing the visualization and then publishing it out as your own independent work. In other words claiming that you wrote the visualization. By publishing the visualization within a report, you are not making the visualization available for others to copy, it is a fair use of the visualization. Trust me, there are a ton of visualizations used in reports published to the web that use custom visuals under this license.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors