Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoshLing01

Publishing app to specific AAD group doesn't apply "App,reshare" permissions to dataset in workspace

Is anyone else experiencing issues where the "App, reshare" permissions are not being applied to datasets when a workspace is being published to specific AAD groups who are not permissioned to any workspaces? In my scenario we have "master dataset" workspaces that are permissioned to specific AAD groups and then users of those groups can connect to the datasets in those workspaces using powerbi desktop, build out what they want and publish to the workspaces they're permissioned to and then permission those workspaces to the applicable AAD groups. In this scenario we've found that since the last major update any new apps that are published to specific AAD groups successfully publish and are visible to users in the specified AAD groups but they're unable to access the apps (stuck at the "building your app" screen) and when we provide them the links to the reports housed in the published app it says they do not have access to datasources. After digging into it I've found that they AAD groups being identified in the app security are not getting permissions to the datasources with the "App, reshare" permissions. We are on premium capacity and all workspaces are assigned to our premium capacity.

At this point we can't seem to move forward with publishing any new apps. I've had a ticket open with support for a week and am getting nowhere.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

(We're in mid transition from Business Objects to PowerBI Service...now our Business Admins are questioning our decision to go with Microsoft PowerBI Service)

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have not heard about any other issues.

I would follow up with the logged ticket and try and escalate it to get it resolved quicker.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors