Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vikram387
Frequent Visitor

Publishing and refreshing problem

Hi,

1. I am unable to get data from share point site though i have access to site.

Q1.PNG

I used Desktop application to create report using get data from web option and published to power bi , from there I published the same report in my sharepint site. Now Iam unable to set up the report on the sharepoint site uptodate without refreshing.

Is it possible to show always updated report on the share point site whenever there is change in my data and I dont want to open my desktop report and refresh there and ssend to power BI  and publish from ther. If yes how? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Vikram387 There is no way to "push" the changes to effect the report when you use "Publish to Web". It happens automatically about an hour after refreshing of the report in Power BI. See here for more details

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Vikram387 I don't understand what you did here... You published the PBIX to the Service, but I don't understand what you published to your Sharepoint site.. Did you use publish to web, or put the Desktop file out there or something? 

Regardless, currently if you are using a web url as a data source you need to install and use a gateway to refresh the data. See this post for more info.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks En01978.

I am publishing te web here, i have already istalled a gate way also it is working fine in BI server. But i want publish the updated report after automatic refresh from BI server to share point.

@Vikram387 There is no way to "push" the changes to effect the report when you use "Publish to Web". It happens automatically about an hour after refreshing of the report in Power BI. See here for more details

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors