Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jacobcw99
Frequent Visitor

Publishing an automatic refresh dashboard

I have created a report to be shown on a TV screen so it needs to automatically refresh, getting its data from SharePoint and an OData Feed. 

I have pinned the report to a dashboard and plan to have this page appear on the screens. 

However I cannot get the dashboard webpage to automatically refresh, any suggestions? The report is doing scheduled refreshes (Although taking ages) however these only reflect on the dashboard webpage if I reload it which will be a pain to remind people to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jacobcw99 

Using Chrome to auto refresh your dashboard is suitable for you.  For more information, please refer to:Displaying a Power BI Dashboard in Your Office – Victor Rocca's Blog

First, download an extension called "Easy Auto Refresh" with this link

vyadongfmsft_0-1670319608341.png

Then you can set the time of auto refresh.

vyadongfmsft_1-1670319854063.png

So your dashboard webpage will automatically refresh and don't need to reload it.

Here's a user who also uses Chrome to auto refresh dashboard, the post for your refrence:Solved: Power BI Dashboard on full screen with auto refres... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jacobcw99 

Using Chrome to auto refresh your dashboard is suitable for you.  For more information, please refer to:Displaying a Power BI Dashboard in Your Office – Victor Rocca's Blog

First, download an extension called "Easy Auto Refresh" with this link

vyadongfmsft_0-1670319608341.png

Then you can set the time of auto refresh.

vyadongfmsft_1-1670319854063.png

So your dashboard webpage will automatically refresh and don't need to reload it.

Here's a user who also uses Chrome to auto refresh dashboard, the post for your refrence:Solved: Power BI Dashboard on full screen with auto refres... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yadongf-msft . I am having an issue with this. The slicer selections the user makes disappear each time the refresh occurs. Do you know if there is a way round this?

I have used a HTML script to set periodic refreshes of the webpage due to security issues of downloading an extension.

So if it is possible to do this through the HTML script that would be great. Especially as teh plan is to have seperat escreens for each slicer selection.

Thank you that's great! Do you know if there's a way to do it without an extension as my organization prevents us downloading extensions and apps outside of preapproved ones.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors