Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EdBIaaS
Frequent Visitor

Publishing a report to a Client's workspace

Hi, 
We have built some reports for a client in Power BI Desktop and are happy publishing them to our workspace, and giving users from outside our Microsoft Tenant access to view them. 
We would now like to publish those reports to their workspace so that we can remove them from our workspace and they can manage their own reporting.

What is the best way to get our reports published in their Power BI workspace, outside of our Microsoft Tenant?

Thank you,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@EdBIaaS In the Power BI Desktop, you need to login with an account that is tied to their tenant. Then you will be able to publish to a shared workspace within their tenant. You can add their internal users to the workspace if they need to manage the reports, and if you share any reports to their users in their tenant, the reports will show up in those end users "Shared with Me" section in Power BI.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@EdBIaaS You can't from your tenant. You would need to deploy the PBIX to their Power BI tenant. You can do this if you have credentials. This would require that the datasets you are using be accessible to them from their environment or if they are cloud based you will likely experience less of a challenge hooking them up to refresh.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you. Just to check I understand, so we need to log in to their tenant and publish the report from there?

They have access to all the datasets we are using, so that shouldn't be a problem.

@EdBIaaS In the Power BI Desktop, you need to login with an account that is tied to their tenant. Then you will be able to publish to a shared workspace within their tenant. You can add their internal users to the workspace if they need to manage the reports, and if you share any reports to their users in their tenant, the reports will show up in those end users "Shared with Me" section in Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors