Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Brad_Vail
Frequent Visitor

Publishing a Power BI report that uses 3 different Power BI datasets

I have created 3 separate Power reports and published them to Power BI service. I can publish each of these reports to the web without any issues. I have then created a new Power BI report that uses each of the 3 Power BI data sets and I have published the report to Power BI service workspace with Premium capacity. I can click on the buttons to Publish the report to the web but the dialog box hangs. I see the text "creating code" as it flashes on the screen, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help me in trying to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brad_Vail ,

Please check if all your three datasets and reports are in the same workspace, also, here’s more information about the same issue may help you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Composite-model-and-publish-to-web/m-p/2160741

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brad_Vail 

I think this is because composite models might not be supported in Publish to Web?

here are the publish to web limitations: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Are you aware of any documentation that explains that composite models can not be published to the web. We spent a lot of time researching the decision to use the composit architecture and found nothing that would divert us from the composite architecture. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors