Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bigrods
Helper II
Helper II

Publishing Premium Workspace App report in Teams - users cannot view

Hi,

Hope someone can help - as the title says, we have a Premium Workspace App with some reports we'd like viewable in Teams.

The App is called Performance and has 2 reports - called Formulary and RSE.

Formulary is added as a tab in the Pharmacy Team and this can be viewed by Judy fine.

RSE is added as a tab in the RSE Team and this cannot be viewed by Jim and Jane. They both get error: 

bigrods_1-1612362926963.png

There is nothing different between the set up of the reports; the datasets both have "Entire Organisation" in the access permissions.

bigrods_2-1612363130737.png

Jim, Judy and Jane are all bog-standard users - none of them have Pro licences or anything.

Can anyone please help? I'm not sure why it works in one Teams group but not another.

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
bigrods
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @nickyvv ..or anyone else!

Does the location of the source file of the dataset affect things at all do you know?

The report that people can access, the source is some Excel sheets on my local machine.

The report people can't access is an Access DB held on a Teams site that the users are not members of.

I wouldn't have thought it would matter but that's the only difference between the 2 items..?!

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bigrods.

assuming you used Import mode in PBI Desktop (that's the only possibility with Excel and Access I think), using those sources couldn't be the problem of not having access.

Hhowever, it can cause issues when you want to refresh the dataset, because you need to have a gateway set up and configured.

What happens if you add the (named) users to the dataset themselves? Does that change anything?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi @nickyvv ,

I have added the users to the dataset and this has given them access. After one had viewed the report, I removed his name from the dataset got him to refresh and come out of Teams and he could still access the dashboard.

So thanks, this has worked somewhat as a work-around, but is not ideal as I don't want to be manually adding a whole service of people then having to keep track of leavers/joiners.

Do you know if there is something in the confuguration that may cause this?

Thanks a lot

Hi, @bigrods 

If you still have no idea about your problem, you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bigrods,

just a quick check: are you sure you added the App in the 2 Teams, and not the report?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi @nickyvv  - yes, both were added via the App

bigrods_0-1612367454310.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors