Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

granttweddle

Publishing PowerBI App

I have a workspace owner admin who is attempting to publish an app to a group of users (O365 MS Teams group). Unfortunately they are not able to see any groups when attempting this.

It should be noted that members of the IT team have tested and are able to see groups. However we want owner admins to have this privilege.

Can anyone advise on the specific permissions needed to allow this owner admin to publish his app to the desired group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @granttweddle,

For this to work, the workspace needs to be a new/V2 workspace.

You can check that in the upper right corner, if the word Access is visible then it's a new workspace:

image.png

An Admin of the workspace can upgrade an old workspace by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots), expanding Advanced and then clicking Upgrade now.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @granttweddle,

For this to work, the workspace needs to be a new/V2 workspace.

You can check that in the upper right corner, if the word Access is visible then it's a new workspace:

image.png

An Admin of the workspace can upgrade an old workspace by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots), expanding Advanced and then clicking Upgrade now.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors