Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Publishing Links into Apps - This Content Can't be Shown in a Frame

Hi all,

I'm trying to take advantage of the new App feature where you can link to something outside Power BI.  It has the option to "Open In: Content Area" but for every link I've used, it says "This content cannot be shown in a Frame".  Initially I thought it was because it was restricted content (ie. an internal Wiki), but I noticed it does it with anything including linkes to YouTube videos and Microsoft instruction pages.  

Would appreciate some guidance on this.

Cheers

Kirsty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words!

It does appear that those websites do not allow you to embed it within another iFrame. And that is why it is saying the website refused to connect.

I have no such restrictions on my website.

I would even guess that if you got a publish to web link, it would work in the links.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice to have YouTube videos in the content area.... *sigh*

Yeah it would be and far as I can understand that is a limitation applied from YouTube

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens if you just had to try a Google Page?

I know that some websites will not support embedding their pages into another page.

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just tried that and get the same result. I had also tried using the 'embed' type web address available for videos and that type of code isn't acceptable, only a regular website.

I haven't been able to produce a successful result for any website no matter how generic - to your point, I don't think you get much more generic than google.com

Cheers

KC

Hi @KCinMelbourne 

I just tried it below and as you can see it works perfectly fine for me.

What URL are you trying to add?

Make sure you put in the full address as in https://www.fourmoo.com

image.png

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ , for testing this. 

I tried with your website (great logo btw), and it worked fine.  I've tried it primarily with training materials including:

I just would have thought given all this content is free to general internet consumers and with the likes of YouTube you can even embed it in a website, I can't understand why they cannot be embedded within the 'frame'.  Until your site worked, I hadn't thought it possible full stop.

Cheers

KC

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words!

It does appear that those websites do not allow you to embed it within another iFrame. And that is why it is saying the website refused to connect.

I have no such restrictions on my website.

I would even guess that if you got a publish to web link, it would work in the links.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors