Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publishing Automation Help

I've searched for a few days and found nothing that would help this specific scenario.

I've built a standard report. Everything on the report is data driven and our clients have separate databases with the same schema. We have 12 clients now, but that could easily turn into 100 soon. This standard report requires me to open it in PowerBI desktop, change the name and data source, save it, and then publish.

I'd like to be able to publish my standard report 1 time (or in some automated fashion) to many PowerBI Premium report locations with 

1. Different Names (based on the client report name)

2. Different Datasets (basically pointing to a different client azure server/database)

So when I go to the service, I would see the following reports:

Client1

Client2

Client3

n number of reports...

and each of the separate reports (even though they are technically showing the same standard report) looks for it's data at a separate server/db to pull the unqiue clients dataset.

Any ideas on how best to achieve this? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, I suggest you submit an idea in ideas forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors