cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing App: how to preserve hyperlinks to reports?

When I setup most of my dashboards I often include a navigation square that jas hyperlinks directly to PBI reports.

However, how is this handled when you publish an app?

The dashboard is setup in your team workspace for the app and you set your hyperlinks but then when you publish... Won't those links still point back to the team workspace report not the reports that are now in the published app?
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Publishing App: how to preserve hyperlinks to reports?

Hi @OneWithQuestion

What you could do is to get the app yourself, which would then give you the link for the App.

And once you have got that you could then put that link into your report and publish it to the Power BI Service.

When setting up the App at the start you could always just add yourself in the Access list, so only you can see it to get the link. Then once you have got it all in place, you could then update the list and add other users or groups?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)