Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zih
Regular Visitor

Published report doesn't show Python based visuals due to lack of module

I published a report with three Python based visuals, two of which used the module "networkx". Then I published it. When I opened it online, these two visuals didn't show with error "File "C:\Script\0.py", line 27, in <module> import networkx as nx ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'networkx'".

I have the modul installed in my local mashine. Could someone tell me where to install the module "networkx" so that I could use the report?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry to tell you that there is a limitation on python libraries you can use for visualizations. This is the list of what you can use on power bi service:

• matplotlib
  • numpy
  • pandas
  • scikit-learn
  • scipy
  • seaborn
  • statsmodels

Hope you can solve it with those libraries.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry to tell you that there is a limitation on python libraries you can use for visualizations. This is the list of what you can use on power bi service:

• matplotlib
  • numpy
  • pandas
  • scikit-learn
  • scipy
  • seaborn
  • statsmodels

Hope you can solve it with those libraries.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

zih
Regular Visitor

Thank you. I will try to do that with existing libraries.

By the way. Do you know if there is a way to embed Python libraries into pbix file in order to enable other user to open the file in other machines without installing the libraries.

No. For sure you won't be able to embed python. The user that opens the Power Bi Desktop must have python libraries on their computer. If you publish to service they will be able to check the report because service will handle pyhton (limited with those libraries).

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors