Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Published data location

Hi Community,

A question just popped into my mind, I got a confidential data stored in an Excel file to which I am connecting my Power BI Report and let's say I am consuming all tables of my excel.

When I will publish my report to Power BI Service, would literally a copy of my entire data get stored in the cloud ?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes it is all stored in the cloud. The good thing is that is encrypted in the cloud. The only time it is visible is in the browser (Even the browser connection is encrypted via HTTPS)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

Thank you for the reply. Since a copy of my data willl be stored in cloud either I used Import or DirectQuery mode How safe would by data be ?

Thank you in advance

If it is imported it will be stored in Azure and if DirectQuery it will only store the cache.

All the data is encrypted at every point.

Here are more details if you want to find out from the whitepaper: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/whitepaper-powerbi-security

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors