Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

asocorro
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Published chiclet slicer selection requires two clicks

On the Desktop I click once and the selection is highlighted and the data is filtered, as expected.  But the published report requires two clicks for the selection to be highlighted, even though the data is filtered on the first click.  Also, if there is another chiclet slicer, it loses its highlight when something is selected in the first one.  Anyone else experienciing this?

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro
22 REPLIES 22
smahin
Frequent Visitor

This issues appears to have been resolved in version 1.1.6

It appears that the chiclet slicer may have been updated without modifying the version control details regarding the "date added"

Version 1.1.6 — Date added 10/27/2015

See earlier posts referring to Version 1.1.5 dated last month ???

Multiselect does not work for me. I updated Power BI Desktop with latest as of 5/4/2016 and Chiclet slicer (1.1.6). 

Yes - I have observed this (incorrect) behaviour with the chiclet slicer on desktop as well with the latest update.

I have an enquiry out to MS for this and a few other issues related to the update.

Just updated ChicletSlicer to version 1.1.9 and it's working with the May update of Desktop (so far, at least).

Just heard from MS after two separate "send a frown" posts.

There is a known issue with the chiclet V1.1.9 (4th June) which they are working on.

Some of the issues appear to be; 

1) Prevents saving of desktop pbix file under certain conditions

2) Causes the selected value on the chiclet to "lock" and not allow deselection

3) When the same chiclet is cut/paste copied from one report page to another, when it is selected on one page, it "locks" the filter on other pages.

I have asked MS to post known issues and any updates to the forum.

Yes - looks like a few of the visuals have been updated on 4th June.

The chiclet has been updated twice since the May update release.

pailong
Regular Visitor

Thanks!! The problem for me seems solved!

Beckster
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well. Hopefully its sorted soon as I've had to delay the launch of a new report.

SylviaMDR
Frequent Visitor

I've been having the same issue on Desktop since the March update. Multiple selection also doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else?

Same issue with two clicks required, multiple selections and drill down not working since March update.

carlosPerez
Regular Visitor

In addition to the problem we discussed, we have the problem that leaves choose multiple items. That problem is more important for me. I hope they solve it soon. The default slicer is not as good as the Chiclet Slicer.

Regards!

Has anyone received a response on this issue or a timeline for resolution ?

Fixed on Desktop here. I had to redownload the ChicletSlicer visual (version 1.1.5) and import it again to my report, clicking "Update" when prompted.

I have no idea if this solves the issue on published reports, though.

Thank you - will try this.

I did get a response from MS to say they are looking into it, and I have requested that they post any further info to the community.

carlosPerez
Regular Visitor

Anyone have more information when it will be fixed this bug. It is a very important control.
Thanks

This issue is affecting my group as well. Any idea on a timeline? We are having to replace this visual in all reports due to concern that the user may not know that the slicer is active after first click. It is unfortunate because the stock slicer does not allow drill-down. This slicer is great and I appreciate the hard work in development.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Filter selections do not accumulate as you make selections across visuals.

So if you make a selection on Visual A, and then make a selection on Visual B - the original selection on Visual A is cleared. 

There are some suggestions in the ideas section to allow cross-visual multiple selections. 

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

These are slicers and on the Desktop everything behaves as expected.  The problem is with the published report.  One very obvious behavioral difference is that online I have to click the selection twice for it to highlight (but only once to filter).

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

I noticed the same thing, only on-line and it started today. Desktop seems to be fine and I know the on-line chicklets worked yesterday.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors