Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Published Reports Losing Number Formatting In Custom Visual

I have multiple reports published to different workspaces using the Enlighten Data Story custom visual. At some point during the past week, all of the Enlighten Data Story visuals lost their number formatting in the service. 

I've confirmed that this is happening only in the service - the formatting is still present in the desktop file. To be certain I also downloaded a copy of the .pbix from the service and when opened in Power BI desktop the formatting was present.

Has anyone else experienced this, or a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted Enlighten who created the visual to notify them of an error, and actually got a response!

They have rectified the issue please see the following:

"

...Thank you for letting us know about the issues you’ve been struggling with whilst using our Enlighten Data Story custom visual.

We have found and fixed the bug that was causing the issues and have re-submitted to the Microsoft Store. It can take a couple of weeks for approval, but in the mean time you can grab a temporary version from here https://tinyurl.com/ybzdcrnb .

In other news, our kiwi company recently had an international opportunity to share thought leadership on “The Future of Storytelling” in a globally attended webinar with Microsoft.

If you are keen to learn more around our data insights practices, please find attached a PDF with more details, or feel free to reach out and we can arrange a call to discuss how this may be a fit for your organisation.

Follow this link to watch a recording of the webinar.

Thanks,
Jo"

Regards

Tian de Klerk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue with my with the published reports, the reports in PBI Desktop and Online still have the formatting applied but the published version does not. (specifically with Enlighten Data Story)

Actually found that for me and my colleague the reports still have the formatting in Chrome but is not working in IE. We asked other people to check, but the error seemed to persist in both IE and Chrome. Not completely sure what it means, but the more information the better I guess.

I also did try and update the visual and re-upload the report, delete the embedded link and republished it but no change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted Enlighten who created the visual to notify them of an error, and actually got a response!

They have rectified the issue please see the following:

"

...Thank you for letting us know about the issues you’ve been struggling with whilst using our Enlighten Data Story custom visual.

We have found and fixed the bug that was causing the issues and have re-submitted to the Microsoft Store. It can take a couple of weeks for approval, but in the mean time you can grab a temporary version from here https://tinyurl.com/ybzdcrnb .

In other news, our kiwi company recently had an international opportunity to share thought leadership on “The Future of Storytelling” in a globally attended webinar with Microsoft.

If you are keen to learn more around our data insights practices, please find attached a PDF with more details, or feel free to reach out and we can arrange a call to discuss how this may be a fit for your organisation.

Follow this link to watch a recording of the webinar.

Thanks,
Jo"

Regards

Tian de Klerk

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, it could work in my side like the picture below:

1.PNG

Could you please check the version of Enlighten Data Story(Version 1.3.1.0)? If it is not the latest version, please update it and I have shared a pbix for you to have a test, if it still could not work, I would suggest you share pbix file if possible. If the report does contain sensitive data, please upload your report to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kz6f9aipjgxkz1/EnlightenDataStory.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors