Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dherre90
Regular Visitor

Published App workspace still appears in mobile app

Hi, 

Because of confusing terminology - when I write App with a capital letter I mean the published version of a workspace in Power BI, when I write mobile application (with a lower letter) I mean the mobile application of Power BI on my phone

A while ago I created a test workspace. I've put in some data and dashboards and published the App. Later, when I was done testing, I unpublished the App, deleted the datasets and deleted the workspace. The workspace and the App do not appear in the Power BI Service (on web), but when I open the mobile application, the published App of the workspace appears there. The workspace itself does not however.

It does not appear to be a specific mobile application problem, because I tried it on other phones and with fresh installs and it happens there as well, so it looks like the published App still lives somewhere in the Power BI Service. The Office 365 group which once existed is also gone, so only the App is floating around somewhere. I am able to open the App on the mobile application however and see data in it, click on the report, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dherre90,

According to your description, it seems like your mobile app still display the removed app workspace, right?

If this is a case, it seems like cache issue appears on mobile app. I'd like to suggest you to contact mobile team to confirm this issue.

>>The Office 365 group which once existed is also gone, so only the App is floating around somewhere.

Actually, power bi has update original group to app workspace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply. I actually fully cleared the cache of the mobile app and deleted it, and also tried it on other devices, and the App workspace still appeared. This shouldn't be a mobile app caching problem then but something in the service? 

HI @dherre90,

Actually, office tenant not direct delete group, normally it will move deleted group to specific place which you can cancel this operate before restore deadline.

Restore a deleted Office 365 Group

I don't know why mobile app can view this, so I'd like to suggest you contact to mobile app team to confirm this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors