Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Justair07
Resolver I
Resolver I

Published App in App Workspace not Updating for all users

Hello,

I have a published app in an app workspace that I use to bundle up and deploy all of my dashboards and reports relivant to our buisness. I've been using this app for over a month and it has been a fundamental tool for our reporting needs. The best feature of the app is the ease of deployment and updating the app for all users at the same time. Today I noticed when I update the app the changes are not reflecting for all of the users. Usually the changes take effect in a matter of seconds. Some of the users show reflection of the updated changes and some of them don't.

Has anyone experinced this issue before?

Thank you,

-Justair07

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Justair07 ,

I noticed a delay of approx. 45min (but this has happened just once, in a couple of years) until the app has been deployed to all users ~2000.

This depends on overall traffic in the datacenter where your tenant is located, the weather, the mood of your favorite soccer team, ...

If you encounter a tremendous delay as I mentioned above each time, if you update your app, you have to open a support ticket with MSFT as there is an issue.

Hopefully, this helps a little.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Justair07 

Like pushing apps to users,  it also can  take  time  to update puiblished app for all user.It  depends on the number of items in the app and the number of people given access. We recommend update apps during off hours with plenty of time before users need them. Verify with several users before sending broad communication about the apps' availability.

You also can recommend   user  who not show reflection of the updated changes  to refresh, or close and reopen their browser.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Justair07 ,

I noticed a delay of approx. 45min (but this has happened just once, in a couple of years) until the app has been deployed to all users ~2000.

This depends on overall traffic in the datacenter where your tenant is located, the weather, the mood of your favorite soccer team, ...

If you encounter a tremendous delay as I mentioned above each time, if you update your app, you have to open a support ticket with MSFT as there is an issue.

Hopefully, this helps a little.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens @v-easonf-msft  It's been almost 24 hours and the users app still is not updated. This is absolutley a support ticket issue that I'm trying pursuing. Very frustrating.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors