Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saj
Helper III
Helper III

Publish to web

I am admin for our PBI and o365 tenant.

I want to turn off "entire organisation" publishing to web.

I've created a security group in the o365 admin center and changed the setting in the PBI tenant settings but now I am not offered "publish to web".

Am I missing something obvious?

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @v-yuta-msft

I created the o365 group, as owner I was unable to publish.

I added myself as a member (as well as owner) last week with no effect (even after waiting for at least 30 minutes).

I re-added myself as member yesterday and this morning I can now publish to web.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@saj hello, take a look you applied the secutiry to only this group can not publish into web, you must check de checkbox below, the specify group can publish. 

Hi @henriquesilveir thanks however that doesn't make total sense.

I read the page as enabled only for the specific security groups. That is no-one can publish unless they are a member of the stated specific security group.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web#tenant-setting appears to confirm this.

Capture.PNG

Thanks again

@saj,

Are you a member of the specific security group? If you are not, please add your account to the specific security group in O365 admin portal.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft

I created the o365 group, as owner I was unable to publish.

I added myself as a member (as well as owner) last week with no effect (even after waiting for at least 30 minutes).

I re-added myself as member yesterday and this morning I can now publish to web.

Thanks

@saj,

Great to hear that. BTW, could you please mark the proper answer to finish this thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors