Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Donato

Publish to web

I'm a new user and I'm using a free Power BI version. I just published to web a report but now this option desapeared.

I dont Know why an if is it possible to have again. I accepted to change my version using a PRO version for 60 days, I don't know if this is the problem. I need to test this option. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Donato Publish to Web came out of Preview, and based on the blog it appears that it now requires a Pro license to use.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Donato,

Based on my test, "Publish to web" button is also available for the Power BI free users. But it will not be supported or available in below scenarios:

1. Reports using real-time data sources.

2. Reports using row level security.

3. Reports using Analysis Services Tablular hosted on premises.

4. Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.

5. Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.

6. "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.

In your scenario, please check if the report meets one of the limitations listed above. For more information, please refer to this article: Publish from Power BI to the web.

Also you can do a simple test, please get a sample report in Power BI Service via Get data->Samples->Retail Analysis Sample. Then please check if "Publish to web" button is available when you open the report like below:

q1.PNG

Besides, from the link which @Seth_C_Bauer provided, we can know those features are only available for Pro users when we use Publish to web feature:

• Same rich authoring tools available for free
  • One-click publish to web
  • Copy and paste the URL
  • Simple editing
  • Elegant, cross-device support
  • Always up to date

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun

I have the same issue as the previous user, I only have the option now to save as a powerpoint available. I did run the same test but even the sample dataset does not show the option to publish it to the web.

Do you know why that is happening and what could solve the problem?

Thank you in advance

Andre

I also have the same issue, even with the samples and being pro user the option to publish to web is not working! 

Screenshot_2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the sample report by the means as mentioned in the reply i.e. Get Data --> Sample --> Retail Analysis Sample and then opened in a report however I still can't see Publish to Web option there. Please can someone suggest how to get this enabled?

@franciscoalles Did your Power BI Admin disable the use of "Publish to Web"? This is an option that can be turned off due to it's volitility related to company data.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yes, you're right. I just figured out that our Admin blocked the option for security reasons. Thanks for your prompt response!

Hi ,

Many thanks! Using the  sample report I can use the "Publish to web" option.

I´m using a ODATA connection to a cloud DB, is it a real-time data source?

Regards

@Donato Publish to Web came out of Preview, and based on the blog it appears that it now requires a Pro license to use.

Hi.

Many thanks!

I tested using your sample and I can use the "Publish to Web" option. I have to check now which not permitted situation I'm using in my report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors