Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Publish to web option : filtering the report ?

Hi everyone,

I have a report that contains a list of my clients. At the moment, the report is used to see some clients, group of clients but only by the company members.

I would like to publish to web my report to embed it in private web site where client have their own private access. 

I would like the client to only see their data and not other clients datas.

Is it possible to apply a filter to my report, like instead of choosing one client in my dropdown list, the client account would be choose according to the ID of connexion they are using to access the web page ?

Thanks in advance,

Quentin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After some research I've found that the option is not yet available. (For example filtering with url or something else than UPN)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
arelmagayon

This is possible on POWER BI online (I don't how it is called), using this format:

?filter=<table>/<column name> eq '<your value filter>'

Add the code at the end of the url

But these seems not to work on embedded url which is I think the point of the question and this is also what I'm trying to do and if this is followed you'll just get an error. See text below.

This content isn't available.
Learn more about Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @quentin_vigne

Can you share a dummy data and explain the problem?

I cannot share real name as my clients are private but it looks like that : 

IdClientCpte;Libelle
1;Client1
2;Client2
3;Client3
4;Client4
5;Client5
6;Client6
7;Client7
8;Client8
9;Client9
10;Client10

I have a website where my client have and login and password and can have access to their files they have. What I would like is to embedd my PBI report and only display value for the client concerned

For example Client1 has 3 files with me, I would like that when he's on his account on my website he only see his account name on my report and only his 3 files, not other client files.

@Anonymous 

Any help ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think this will be possible to achieve by PowerBI Embedding. One solution I can think of is building different reports for each client and keeping them in separate workspaces. You can then allow them to access reports by their "WorkspaceID".

@Anonymous

This is not possible, because I would have to make more than 1000 reports ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried using Row Level Security? I am not sure if it will address your issue, but you can look into it here : 

RLS in Power BI

After some research I've found that the option is not yet available. (For example filtering with url or something else than UPN)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors