Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CRMarsh

Publish to web, multiple users same web link

Hello PowerBI community

I'm hoping someone can help me with a query I have. I have created a report, published it to "My Workspace" and created an embedded link (via the "Publish to Embedded report"---"Publish to web (public)" menu) for a website.

If I share this report with another users in my organisation, can they make changes in the service version of PowerBI (mostly refreshing the data that populates the report, and updating a text box), and still keep the same link?

My concern is that if someone else is updating the report in their "My Workspace" that a new embedded link will have to be created for our organisations web page.

I'm pretty new to PowerBI so I hope this query makes sense.

Cheers

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CRMarsh 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> If I share this report with another users in my organisation, can they make changes in the service version of PowerBI (mostly refreshing the data that populates the report, and updating a text box), and still keep the same link?

(1) Workspace role

vxiaotang_3-1657090453522.png

According to the picture above, please make sure they are not admin, member or contributor

(2) When you share the report with your colleagues, you can go to Manage Permissions to check their permissions.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/6487/power-bi-workspace-permissions-and-roles/

vxiaotang_0-1657090206393.png

If you don't want them to modify the report, please make sure they are not given build permission.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CRMarsh

Hi 

Can you provide some insight on the embedded link, if my collegue updates a report that I have shared with them will the embedded link change or will it be the same?

Cheers

C

Hi @CRMarsh 

Thanks for your reply.

In the case you say, the embedded link won't change.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CRMarsh 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> If I share this report with another users in my organisation, can they make changes in the service version of PowerBI (mostly refreshing the data that populates the report, and updating a text box), and still keep the same link?

(1) Workspace role

vxiaotang_3-1657090453522.png

According to the picture above, please make sure they are not admin, member or contributor

(2) When you share the report with your colleagues, you can go to Manage Permissions to check their permissions.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/6487/power-bi-workspace-permissions-and-roles/

vxiaotang_0-1657090206393.png

If you don't want them to modify the report, please make sure they are not given build permission.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors