Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Publish to web in a portal question

Hi all,

When I publish to web, and use the link in my secured Portal, is it still accessible somewhere online? Or will my portal security protect the data and the visuals?

If it is somewhere else online too, where would that be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @IAM 

When you "Publish to web" you place your content on app.powerbi.com. This site is crawled and indexed by Google, Bing and other search engines. It doesn't matter where you put the web link to it (for instance on your secure portal) the report it points to is in a public space.

On google you can search the site by googling "site:app.powerbi.com <searchterm>", like this...

site:app.powerbi.com burningsuit - Google Search

or more worryingly...

site:app.powerbi.com confidential - Google Search

This means your content may be found or included in other searches. The reccomendation is to put nothing on "Publish to web" that is company confidential or required to be secure.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @IAM 

When you "Publish to web" you place your content on app.powerbi.com. This site is crawled and indexed by Google, Bing and other search engines. It doesn't matter where you put the web link to it (for instance on your secure portal) the report it points to is in a public space.

On google you can search the site by googling "site:app.powerbi.com <searchterm>", like this...

site:app.powerbi.com burningsuit - Google Search

or more worryingly...

site:app.powerbi.com confidential - Google Search

This means your content may be found or included in other searches. The reccomendation is to put nothing on "Publish to web" that is company confidential or required to be secure.

Hope this helps

Stuart

I thought so!! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors