cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristianomoraes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Publish to the Web with RLS

Hi!

I'm new user of Power BI and I'm using a Power BI PRO version.

I just want to publish to the Web (URL) but my report uses RLS (Row Level Security), so, this option don't appear to me.

How can i obtain an iframe for each user (RLS) ??

Cristiano

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Publish to the Web with RLS

@cristianomoraes The "Publish to Web" feature does not support RLS. Note the documentation page here under "Limitations".

There are developer tools that you could leverage. If your application is external facing, you can use "Power BI Embedded" - this supports RLS - here

And for throwing reports into an iFrame for an internal app, I assume that RLS applied to the report would work - but I'm not very familiar with that area.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@cristianomoraes First, you can only use Power BI Embedded if the report is for an external facing application. (FYI).

Here is a walkthrough that should answer your questions.

5 REPLIES 5
CahabaData New Contributor
New Contributor

for RLS one must have users that are registered & logged into your Power BI / O365 account....

a separate iFrame by 'X' would essentially require a separate report PBIX file I believe.....

www.CahabaData.com
Super User
Super User

@cristianomoraes The "Publish to Web" feature does not support RLS. Note the documentation page here under "Limitations".

There are developer tools that you could leverage. If your application is external facing, you can use "Power BI Embedded" - this supports RLS - here

And for throwing reports into an iFrame for an internal app, I assume that RLS applied to the report would work - but I'm not very familiar with that area.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @cristianomoraes,

Agree with @Seth_C_Bauer's point, as the dataset has RLS settings, it's not supported to publish the report to web. To work around the issue, you can use Power BI Embedded. For more details, please refer to links below:

How to use Power BI Embedded with REST

Power BI Embedded using Web Forms and Row Level Security

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cristianomoraes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tks Eno!

Is there any example I can follow with Embedded? I am not very familiar with programming

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@cristianomoraes First, you can only use Power BI Embedded if the report is for an external facing application. (FYI).

Here is a walkthrough that should answer your questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 1,949 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: